Wednesday, April 20, 2011

About Me

I am a busy mom with two very busy children. I work outside the home 40-50 hours a week at my full time job. I also have a photography hobby that keeps me busy shooting and editing portraits at least 6-10 hours a week.

In addition to my own schedule, my boys (ages 14 and 8) have their own time demands. My fourteen year old plays on a competitive travel baseball team on weekends, a recreational league baseball team during the week, and runs track at his school. We replace track and baseball with football and more baseball in the fall. My eight year old plays league baseball and takes Martial Arts lessons two days a week.

This is where you say "She's nuts." Now I know there are many of you out there with more children and who are just as busy or more so than me. You say to yourself - "So what makes her special?"

Between my kids' schedules and mine, we are rarely home long enough to have a home cooked meal. In fact, last August we spent over $900 on eating out for a family of 4. Maybe you have that kind of money for your food budget every month....and if so I hope you have money for a maid, too. I want one. I beg for one. She just won't come unless I pay her. But I digress.

After choking on the realization we spent that much, I realized I had to come up with another way. My trial and error in finding things my family loves that take little to no prep and are ready to eat within 10-20 minutes of getting home will be your reward for following me here. I am no Ree Drummond, but if your family struggles like mine.... I hope I can help you find balance in your life, too.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment