Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Does your Chicken Dance?

My youngest is a picky eater. The boy won't eat RICE for goodness sakes. He isn't a pizza fan, won't touch anything I call a vegetable and only eats dinner if it sounds like fun. At my house - this dish is called "Does your Chicken Dance?" He likes that. He will eat that. He will not eat it if called by it's real name.... Salsa Chicken.

This one is easy. You need a crock pot, 1-2 pounds of Chicken breast, and a jar of salsa. That is the entire recipe. SIMPLE! In fact, I usually take the frozen chicken out of the freezer and put it in the crockpot, pour on the salsa and turn it on low. I leave home around 7 am and we eat this when we get in - this week it was at 8pm.

Sometimes, just because I want to be different, I add a can of Rotel. Not required, but I like Rotel. It is a staple at my house. Bread, Milk, Rotel.

To make it a meal, I cooked some of the Lipton Sides Spanish Rice (just add water -12 minutes to cook in the microwave) and threw a bag of the Steamer's frozen corn in the microwave for 4 minutes.

And don't tell my youngest child this... but it is just regular corn. I have to call it sweet corn to get him to eat it. If it is just regular corn he doesn't like it. But he'll eat 2 helpings of sweet corn. :) Lord help me if he ever catches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment