Thursday, April 21, 2011

Salsa Chicken Enchiladas

Monday was Salsa Chicken night (or Does your Chicken Dance if you are 8). I used 2 lbs of chicken breast for mine. That left me with plenty of leftovers to make dinner for night two... Salsa Chicken Enchiladas.

During the cleanup Monday night, I took the leftover chicken and half the leftover salsa and placed in a mixing bowl. The chicken was cooked so tender it easily shredded in the bowl. After shredding it I added 1 cup of sour cream and mixed. Then spread the mixture on flour tortillas, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and roll. When they are all rolled up, I placed in a 13x9 baking dish and covered with the rest of the leftover salsa and sprinkled with more cheddar cheese. The whole process took me less than 10 minutes. I topped the dish with aluminum foil and placed in the refrigerator.

So Tuesday night, all I had to do was pull out the enchiladas, throw in the oven at 350 and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese was melted. The last 5 minutes I took off the foil to let it brown on top a little.

NOW - the disclaimer. When I do the fridge-to-oven deal with a glass dish - I usually put the dish in the microwave for 30 seconds or so just to warm the glass. Then I put it in the oven BEFORE I turn it on. That way the glass warms slowly along with the oven. I had a glass dish break in the oven years ago so this is my way of trying to prevent that from ever happening again. Trust me... it is NOT a pretty sight to see your food and glass all in the bottom of your hot oven. It is a "hot mess" and not in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment